For ages sellers have been convinced it is all about finding and closing a new business prospect. It actually works better for both parties the opposite way when the new business prospect finds the seller. Here are 5 reasons why:
- Most people have a negative reaction when approached by a salesperson.
- Starting a relationship via a cold call rarely results in a long-term partnership.
- People like to be in control, if a new business prospect has a problem (and needs help) they would rather initiate a relationship than have someone they don’t know approach them.
- It is always better for a seller to meet a new business prospect that has raised their hand admitting they need help.
- When a new business prospect approaches a seller, they usually provide the seller some focus on a specific business problem (this focus can lead to cash).
If you’re a business owner or sales manager, a marketer or a sales person, you understand the importance of marketing and the role it plays in lead generation. To learn how to use thought leadership, the internet and inbound marketing to attract new business prospects,
Leave a comment or drop me an email if you would like to continue this conversation. Feel free to share this post with a friend or business associate.
Kurt Sima is VP/Sr. Consultant at The Center for Sales Strategy that enjoys helping organizations with leadership development and solve complex business problems by creating business models designed to achieve growth strategies.
firstname.lastname@example.org 740-405-2960Subscribe to kurtsima5
Connect & ShareKurt Sima VP/Sr. Consultant at The Center for Sales Strategy
Tag Cloudaccount list management system Android appiontments Branding business development business model business models business problem business problems business problems solved business problems solver change closing deals cold relationships complex business problems CRM growth strategies growth stratgey how selling improve sales improving organizations improving performance improving sales improving sales performance inbound marketing innovation innovator innovators iPhone leadership development lead generation needs analysis new business appointments no-surprise proposal PMR recruitment sales Sales Strategy sell more slackers solve business problems solving business problems talent valid business reason valid busness reason
- Improving Sales Tip: 5 Decisions to Make This Week
- Improving Sales Performance Secret: 5 Reasons Friday is a Great Day to Set Appointments
- 5 Leadership Development Tips Designed to Improve Sales Performance
- Improving Sales Insight: 5 Negative Side Effects of a Lousy Account List
- Business Problem Solvers Tip: The Art of Asking Questions Guide
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- May 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
Subscribe by Email