Every now and then I encounter a leader faced with complex business problems that thinks cutting corners on expenses will pave the way to prosperity. I scratch my head and wonder why leaders spend so much time creating and enforcing policies to cut spending while they totally ignore elements that could significantly improve [...]Continue Reading →
Most people think the newspaper industry is yesterday’s news. Most people don’t know about the business problem solving and innovative thinking happening at some newspapers across the country. Here are 5 examples:
1. Rick Surkamer, president and COO at the Sun-Times Media in Chicago. Over a 26 month period Rick and [...]Continue Reading →
Peter Drucker, The Man Who Invented Management, said some great things during his life. Here [...]Continue Reading →
I published a post last week titled 5 policy changes that would solve business problems that stimulated a great deal of discussion in some of my LinkedIn groups. Several people asked me to expound on the items in this post, so I’ve added some detail.
Would business leaders behave differently if [...]Continue Reading →
1. People were considered a capital investment.
2. The calculated cost of employee turnover was considered an operating expense.
3. Throughput accounting was used in parallel with cost accounting.
4. Inventory reduction was a topic of discussion more often than Continue Reading →
1. Account recovery will become a hot topic in 2012. Don’t get me wrong, selling new customers is still important; however, activating former customers will become very popular.
2. [...]Continue Reading →
1. Your team is performing well, and you need to develop a growth strategy to build on recent success.
2. Your organization has business problems and is struggling (sluggish sales are a symptom of this).
3. Your Continue Reading →
Connect & ShareKurt Sima VP/Sr. Consultant at The Center for Sales Strategy
Tag Cloudaccount list management system Android appiontments Branding business development business model business models business problem business problems business problems solved business problems solver change closing deals cold relationships complex business problems CRM growth strategies growth stratgey how selling improve sales improving organizations improving performance improving sales improving sales performance inbound marketing innovation innovator innovators iPhone leadership development lead generation needs analysis new business appointments no-surprise proposal PMR recruitment sales Sales Strategy sell more slackers solve business problems solving business problems talent valid business reason valid busness reason
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- May 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
Subscribe by Email